What makes a Dominion Development custom home unique?
The custom homes and home builder in Charlottesville, Virginia utilizes quality-controlled new home construction and performance testing to ensure that your home is healthy, comfortable, energy-efficient, durable, environmentally responsible and easily accessible.
Dominion Development builds each high performance custom home to meet the different Energy Star, EarthCraft House and EasyLiving Home program specifications – producing a home that is green, welcoming and saves energy.
Dominion’s green homes earn an EnergyStar rating because they meet the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s guidelines for energy efficiency. These homes are typically 20-30% more efficient than standard homes because they include the following additional energy-saving features:
- Effective insulation ensures even temperatures throughout the house
- High-performance windows keep the house warm in the winter, cool in the summer and block ultraviolet rays that cause carpeting to fade
- Tight construction and ducts reduce drafts, moisture, dust, pollen, and noise
- Efficient heating & cooling equipment is quieter, reduces indoor humidity & improves overall comfort
- Energy efficient lighting products & appliances save money on utility bills
The EarthCraft House program is a voluntary green building program that serves as a blueprint for healthy, comfortable homes that reduce utility bills and protect the environment. Dominion homes earn the EarthCraft designation because the company’s builders are trained to follow the program’s technical requirements.
Owners of a Dominion Development custom home enjoy the convenience and peace of mind that an EasyLiving Home designation brings since it is based on the principles of easy access, easy passage and easy use:
- Step-free entrance into home provides easy entry for small children, friends or family needing mobility aids, and easy transport of luggage or strollers.
- Wider doorways provide easier access to all living spaces, and improved ability to move furniture or carry bulky articles, such as laundry baskets.
- Bedroom, kitchen, entertainment area, & bathroom are all located on the main floor providing fewer trips up and down stairs, and greater comfort for those with mobility issues or serious medical conditions.
At Dominion Development we believe building a home should be a positive experience for our clients throughout the entire process. We’ve developed and implemented these home building guidelines with a singular goal in mind – to exceed your expectations!